Jakub Porzycki/NurPhoto via Getty Images
- Your BeReal Recap video shows every single photo you posted on BeReal this year.
- To find your BeReal Recap, head to the app’s Memories page and get in the waiting list.
- Your BeReal Recap video will be available until the end of January 2023, unless you save it to your device.
2022 is quickly coming to an end, which means it’s time to reminisce about everything you did this year — and all the time you spent posting photos on BeReal.
BeReal just added a Recap feature that makes a video using every photo you posted on the app this year. Once you watch it, you can immediately save the video or share it with your friends.
Here’s how to find your BeReal Recap and share it.
How to find your BeReal Recap
This feature is available in both the iPhone and Android versions of BeReal.
1. Open BeReal and tap your profile picture in the top-right corner.
2. On your profile screen, tap View all my Memories.
3. At the bottom of the Memories page, tap the icon that looks like a computer monitor with sparkles on it.
Tap the new icon at the bottom of the Memories page.
BeReal; William Antonelli
4. Tap Generate my 2022 video recap.
Now comes the weird part: The waiting list. After you tap the generate button, BeReal will put you in a queue before you can see your video.
There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to the system — I was placed in spot #16,195 but got my recap in less than a minute. But other users are reporting longer wait times.
In any case, feel free to close BeReal while you wait. When your Recap video is ready, you’ll get a notification.
You’ll have to queue up for your Recap video.
BeReal; William Antonelli/Insider
Once you get your Recap video, head back to BeReal and navigate to the Memories page again to watch it.
Important: Your BeReal Recap video consists of every BeReal photo you’ve taken flashing by very quickly. If you have any medical issues related to flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns, such as photosensitive epilepsy, be careful when watching.
When the video is over, tap the white Share video recap button to save the video to your phone, or share it with your friends.