When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Glover Teixeira (yellow trunks) has a chance to reclaim the UFC Light Heavyweight title at UFC 283.
Douglas P. DeFelice / Getty Images
- UFC 283 will stream live on January 21, with the main card starting at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
- Glover Teixeira will fight Jamahal Hill for the vacant UFC light heavyweight championship.
- The main card is a pay-per-view fight that costs $80 in addition to an ESPN+ subscription ($10/month).
UFC 283 will feature a pair of title fights streaming live from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on January 21. Glover Teixeira will fight Jamahal Hill for the vacant light heavyweight title, and Deiveson Figueiredo will fight Brandon Moreno to decide the undisputed flyweight champion.
Teixeira was originally scheduled to fight for the title at UFC 282 against Jiri Prochazka, but an injury forced Prochazka to vacate the title. The replacement title match at UFC 282 led to a draw between Jan Blachowicz and Magomed Ankalaev, giving Teixeira and Hill a chance to claim the UFC light heavyweight belt at UFC 283.
Figueiredo and Moreno will fight for the fourth time at UFC 283, with Figueiredo holding the flyweight title and Moreno as the current interim champion. The two fighters each have a win, a loss, and a draw between the prior three fights; Figueredo beat Moreno by decision in their last match at UFC 270 last year.
How to watch UFC 283
You can watch the main event of UFC 283 on ESPN+ at 10 p.m. ET on January 21. The main card requires an ESPN+ subscription ($10/month) and an extra pay-per-view fee of $80.
Before the main event, the early prelims will air at 5:30 p.m. ET on UFC Fight Pass, and the prelims will be broadcast at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN+, ESPN, and ABC.
The ESPN+ app is available on all major mobile and streaming devices, including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, PlayStation, Xbox, Samsung smart TVs, and more.
Ways to save on the UFC 283 pay-per-view price
If you plan on signing up for ESPN+ to watch UFC 283, you can take advantage of a special discounted package.
New subscribers can purchase a year-long ESPN+ membership with access to UFC 283 included for a total of $124.98. That’s more than 30% off the regular combined price of an annual plan and a PPV match. Following your first year of service, ESPN+ will then renew for the regular annual price of $100.
Here’s the fight card for UFC 283: Teixeira vs. Hill
Early Prelims — 5:30 p.m. ET on UFC Fight Pass
- Saimon Oliveira versus Daniel Marcos [Bantamweight]
- Josiane Nunes versus Zarah Fairn [Women’s featherweight]
- Warlley Alves versus Nicolas Dalby [Welterweight]
- Ismael Bonfim versus Terrance McKinney [Lightweight]
- Luan Lacerda versus Cody Stamann [Bantamweight]
Prelims — 8 p.m. ET on ABC, ESPN, and ESPN+
- Gabriel Bonfim versus Mounir Lazzez [Welterweight]
- Shamil Abdurakhimov versus Jailton Almeida [Heavyweight]
- Thiago Moises versus Melquizael Costa [Lightweight]
- Gregory Rodrigues versus Brunno Ferreira [Middleweight]
- Mauricio Rua versus Ihor Potieria [Light heavyweight]
Main Card — 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+
- Paul Craig versus Johnny Walker [Light heavyweight]
- Lauren Murphy versus Jessica Andrade [Women’s flyweight]
- Gilbert Burns versus Neil Magny [Welterweight]
- Deiveson Figueiredo versus Brandon Moreno [Flyweight]
- Glover Teixeira versus Jamahal Hill [Light heavyweight]