- Zelenskiy welcomes granting of EU candidate status
- Ukraine begins first trial of Russian soldier charged with rape
- Russian navy ordered to lay mines at Black Sea ports, says US
- UK offers expertise in escort of Ukraine grain
- At a glance: what we know on day 121 of the invasion
Ukrainian troops defending the key eastern city of Sievierodonetsk will “have to be withdrawn”, the regional governor confirmed this morning.
“Remaining in positions smashed to pieces over many months just for the sake of staying there does not make sense,” Sergey Haidai told Ukrainian television.
Unfortunately, we will have to remove our military from Sievierodonetsk, because staying in broken positions makes no sense – the number of dead is growing.”
The attack on Lysychansk was repulsed … the bodies of two victims were found.”
Russia | The Guardian